Liberal Democrats in Cheshire West
* Liberal Democrats will build a sense of identity for Cheshire West with a clear vision of what makes our area one that we are proud to belong to.
* We will resist any moves to align Cheshire West's policies and strategies with Merseyside unless there is clear benefit to Cheshire West residents.
* We will value all communities, listening to them, working with them, giving them as much power as we can devolve to them.
* We will create strong local leadership.
* We will support town and parish councils as key partners in the delivery of local services and encourage their development in areas that are un-parished.
* We will recognise the business community as key partners and develop opportunities to work together to achieve mutual objectives.
* We will continue to take a lead in tackling climate change and actively encourage residents and businesses to join us.
* We will promote and use local produce. We will use sustainable supplies for procurement wherever possible.
* We will protect Cheshire's landscape.
* We will plan for the future before it is too late.
* We will be honest and realistic about waste and the options available.
* We will acknowledge our staff are our greatest asset. We will recruit fairly and openly.
* We will create a learning culture across the whole authority, both internally and externally.
* We will treat people fairly and equally, with dignity and respect.
* We recognise that individuals and families sometimes struggle. We will work with the voluntary sector to provide additional support in parenting, debt counseling, mediation and other support.
* We recognise the vulnerability of Looked After Children, people with learning difficulties or mental health problems and acknowledge that they need extra help to be able to live and achieve.
* We will seek to provide high quality services at a price that can be afforded.
* We will promote and encourage independence in a safe environment and seek to improve quality of life for all vulnerable people.
* We will charge what is fair - we will continue to campaign against the unfair Council Tax which takes no account of the ability to pay and treats many older people and low-income families unfairly.
* We will strive to make democracy flourish in the new council. We will seek open debate and challenge secrecy.
* We will seek to work 'with' the community rather than just 'for' the community.